The desired candidate will provide technical and software support to The Ursuline Academy Ilford. You will be responsible for the upkeep and good order of the computer equipment, development of staff knowledge and skill using ICT resources and identifying and remedying software, hardware and network faults.
The desired candidate will provide technical and software support to The Ursuline Academy Ilford.
You will be responsible for the upkeep and good order of the computer equipment, development of staff knowledge and skill using ICT resources and identifying and remedying software, hardware and network faults.
In conjunction with the Senior Technician you will also advise on ICT Health & Safety in The Ursuline Academy Ilford and monitor its practice.
Finally, you will be responsible for the maintaining information contained on The Ursuline Academy Ilford website, ensuring this information is relevant and up-to-date.
· Acting as first point of contact for IT issues
· To support the management and maintenance of The Ursuline Academy Ilford’s Network
· Maintenance and cleaning of computers, Whiteboard and projectors.
· Install and maintain software systems as required.
· Stock control and upkeep of related records and inventory.
· Record all Procedures and Processes in detail to aid staff knowledge
· Maintain internet access, websites used and permissions granted
· Maintain network internet and email logins
· Diagnose and resolve hardware, software and end user problems
· Supervise and run the connection to the Internet
· Application of theft deterrent markings to all existing and new equipment as necessary.
· Undertake periodic safety checks on equipment and materials, reporting findings to Senior Technician.
· Work with teachers to ensure IT skills are utilised across the curriculum
· Knowledge of the programmes used across all year groups and within all curriculum areas.
· Work with Leadership Team to further develop IT Strategy
· Manage anti-virus software
· Undertake and manage reprographics work and meet required deadlines.
The successful candidate will be required to attend training courses as appropriate, e.g. in-service training;
It is also expected that you will be able to:
· Exercise confidentiality and discretion at all times;
· Work using your own initiative within business hours
· Assist The Ursuline Academy Ilford staff with resources when required;
· Be enthusiastic in developing own expertise and skills;
· Undertake any other duties as required by the Head of the Academy or Leadership Team.
· Undertake professional training and qualifications.
The preferred candidate will have achieved a Grade C/4 or higher in GCSE English and Maths, or an equivalent such as Functional Skills Level 2. In some cases, consideration may be given to candidates who lacks these qualifications though has considerable experience in a relevant sector; however this is at the discretion of the employer.
The Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship provides individuals with an excellent knowledge base that can support them in undertaking further learning and development of their careers in ICT support and related areas.