- To work with the Trust’s IT staff and third party suppliers to deliver ICT services for the benefit of teaching, learning, administration and management across The Thinking Schools Academy Trust and it’s academy’s and partners.
- To follow the principles of ICT best practice, including the use of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Service Delivery Management concepts.
- To provide onsite support and training to staff, students and guests across the across The Thinking Schools Academy Trust and it’s academy’s and partners.
- To assist with software and hardware installations, configuration, and troubleshooting on ICT systems, using the agreed tools and processes, with a focus on upon end-user, audio/visual devices and applications.
- To assist in monitoring and maintaining IT consumables, replenishing as required to ensure sufficient stock levels are available to satisfy user needs.
- To assist in ensuring that the ICT asset register for both hardware and software is maintained and updated for all ICT assets, including the scope and distribution of software licenses.
- To ensure that accurate records of ICT maintenance and support requests, and the associated outcomes or resolutions, are created and maintained, and a knowledge base of frequent resolutions is developed.
- To provide training and assistance to staff, students and guest for supported ICT systems and services.
- To assist with the production of documentation, both user and technical, in line with Trust documentation standards for end user devices and services.
- When necessary, work flexibly in order to support unforeseen ICT issues, or upgrades, which are not possible to resolve/complete during normal, working hours, including support for planned after school events.
- To maintain confidentiality both inside and outside the workplace, ensuring that all communication is clear and professional and complies with Trust policies.
The IT Systems Support Apprenticeship provides individuals with an excellent knowledge base that can support them in undertaking further learning and development of their careers in ICT support and related areas.
Ability to create and update maintenance and support records, detailing solutions to identify common ICT issues or trends to minimise the reoccurrence of issues through training and/or preventative maintenance.
- Ability to maintain relationships with existing suppliers, for the procurement of ICT consumables.
- Ability to create both technical and non-technical documentation using a range of software and tools, including, word-processing, spreadsheets, and presentation applications.
- Ability to communicate both planned and unplanned emergency ICT maintenance to users whose work may be impacted as a result of any ICT service downtime.
GCSE (5+ A*-C) educated or equivalent
Microsoft Certification (MCSE, MCSA, or MCITP)
- Experience of Microsoft Windows client operating systems (i.e. Windows 7/8/10)
- Experience of Microsoft Office applications (i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook 2010/2013/2016)
- Experience of Apple operating systems (i.e. IOS 6+, MacOS 10.8+)
- Experience of printer and other peripheral installation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- Experience of classroom A/V and recording equipment (i.e. interactive projection, classroom video recording)
- Experience of RM Community Connect 4 (CC4)
- Familiarity of working in an education context
- A level of maturity commensurate with working in a school office environment will be required
- Willing to learn and professionally develop
- Committed to self-development
- Does what they say they will do when they make a commitment – i.e. show up on time and not let people down
- Values others – Understanding of equality and diversity issues
- Excellent telephone manner and communication skills
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with excellent interpersonal skills and a courteous, professional manner
- Confident to take the lead when appropriate
- Committed to collective success
- Creative and innovative
Flexible approach to work, use of initiative and willingness to take on new tasks
Training to be Provided:
- Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeships
- Level 2 functional skills in Maths and English, if required