Job Title: IT Trainer / Assessor
Based at: London and the South
Salary: Dependent on experience
About this role:
As a growing and ambitious training provider, we are currently looking for a trainer to deliver L3 Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship courses across London and the South. Experience or knowledge of cloud services and networking fundamentals is desirable, although not essential.
Training is the central activity of our business and the place where we interface with our employers, learners and funders. This is where everything we work for comes together and where the impact we can make in the lives of young people and their employers is most tangible. That is why our trainers need to be Superhuman.
- To anticipate and overcome barriers to progress, inspiring achievement and ensuring an inclusive approach to the learner journey
- To use effective listening, assertion and questioning in a range of contexts to facilitate learner engagement
- To provide considered and planned ongoing support to candidates from induction through to completion, including giving timely feedback on learner progress
- To utilise e-learning resources effectively in the assessment and tracking of learner progress
- To agree and record targets and progress through Youthforce and Funding Partner review processes
- To comply with awarding organisation requirements, as well as Youthforce policies and procedures, in order to ensure high levels of quality and safety
- To complete paperwork (e.g. enrolments, reviews and ILPs) to the standard required by funding partners and OFSTED.
- To deliver high standards of equality and diversity, safeguarding, Maths and English, IAG and any other subjects common to all learners.
- To maintain currency of own knowledge and skills with reference to workplace practice through legislative guidance and peer review, as well as attendance at regular standardisation, INSET days & CPD events
- To celebrate achievement through attendance at, and promotion of, Youthforce graduation events
To succeed in this role:
- You will bring proven experience of devising and delivering similar vocational training courses, and/ or have enjoyed a professional career mentoring and leading others in the IT industry, and now be looking to bring these skills into a new educational environment
- You will be an energetic, organised and innovative individual, who is passionate about education.
- You will be happy working both within a team and autonomously, to deliver a diverse, modern curriculum that addresses the needs of young people and employers alike.
- You will engage the learner in the process of setting challenging but relevant learning goals that suit their needs.
- Your commitment to the individual learner will be complemented by a clear and ongoing desire to improve yourself, reflecting and developing professional practice to ensure your mastery of coaching, teaching and assessment.
- You will contribute to the organisational aim of high quality and compliance in the teaching and assessment of learners
Youthforce is a pioneering and highly respected training provider, dedicated to developing people in the UK. We deliver life-changing apprenticeships because we offer a winning formula of care, training excellence and acute understanding of what our client partners need.
Our ambitious and values-driven organisation has a vibrant, dedicated and expanding team in Sussex, London and Hampshire.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, and you are excited at taking the next step in your career, we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com